Monday, August 06, 2007

Making Body Butters and Cooking


I love making whipped butters. It's like making a cake from scratch. You whip your butters and oils together into white frothy mousse, drizzle with humectants and then scent with your favorite fragrances. Making bath and body products using natural ingredients is like cooking. You start off with the freshest and best ingredients you can get and create a thing of beauty that is both nutritious and hopefully delicious.

I was in my kitchen the other day whipping up a batch of whipped body butters for my customers,and I it occurred to me that shea butter is like potatoes, yes I said it, potatoes. They are both very versatile products and they are so good for you. Think about the many things you can do with a simple potato. You can cut it into wedges to fry or bake, you can bake it whole, you can whip it, make a casserole, add it to soups and curries and so much more.

You can do a lot with Shea Butter, you can whip it, make a thick body butter, make a light emulsion or a heavy cream, body scrubs, lip balms, therapeutic balm, soaps and more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home